God and Humanity
1. One of the various problems with religion is that it tries to make you something different than a human being. It gives you a mask or a cake tin to force you be in the form of it. It tries to put you in the standards that is un-human or in-human… The difference between Christianity that started with the birth of the perfect human and the religion with the carved in stone in-human god is that one by the mercy, grace and love for our humanity give us life and transformation. The other charge us every year to be a better person with no hope, love and mainly power to change anything.
You know and I know that our humanity isn’t perfect. Our humanity is far from perfect. Is something weird, complicated, with inconstant desires, and terrible feelings and at the same time desires good, peace, harmony, we want be loved, remembered, be part of a plan… There is this nostalgia for a place that we never went before. A place that seems we meant to be there , but our full of flaws humanity doesn’t fit into.
But God so loved our humanity, But God so loved your humanity…. He did not dispose it. He did not destroy it. He simply could not be distant from it anymore. He decided to identify Himself with such low dimension experience. He came to human experience…. that’s something!
Religion tries to paint Jesus as an extraterrestrial being. And they try to impose such un-humanity in every follower, creating a distant god that never knows what actually happens with our humanity.
Why God did not merely destroy our humanity? Because He loved us. Don’t think he loved you and I because of something we could give Him back. Even our remorse and regret are imperfect and faulty. But He loved us. He care for our humanity, He desires restore our humanity to its fulness. Take us from the “instinct led” life to a divine, purpose, meaningful driven life.
When a dog barks and come to my direction I learned that the best way to calm dow things is to take the initiative first and give my hand in his mouth so it can smell and recognize that I’m not there to threat, but to help, guide, pet and love it. Jesus did the same. He gave his hands, but we did not only smell Him, we bit his hand, we tear Him, we beat Him on the Cross with our sins…
Few days ago, in front of my house I could literally see that without the understand and hope that one day God sent His son to be our nearest friend, the one that identified with our humanity… without the experience with Immanuel, God WITH, INVOLVED WITH, RELATED WITH, CARING WITH… you will feel alone, desperate, depressed, sad. Human life, human experience turns is an excruciating painful reality.
Isiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel”
2. But even if your life doesn’t seems painful because you are duping, deceiving yourself with achievements, belongings, health, consumerism … any other distraction that tries to cover the unsatisfactory experience of existence. Even if you don’t see so many synonyms that our humanity have flaws, you absolutely sure have fear. Fear unite us all.
Think about your life and you will notice that most of the major experience of your life was surrounded with fear.
Genesis 3:10 “…And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.”
We were born in fear. We develop fear and we grow in fear…
But god came again. He showed up not to visit, not to threat, not to accuse, not to charge, bit to Identify with our humanity, to associate with our temptations. He came to associate with our pains, but mainly with our fears. He came to deliver us from the worst of all fears, the fear of death. He showed us the love of the father. He revealed that God is FATHER, a really good good FATHER. Jesus had no fear, because He knew LOVE. He knew PERFECT love.
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
The only way to defeat the fear of death, to feel hope and joyful regardless what human life can bring is receiving, believing accepting such love. Oh how I am loved by God. How God loves my family.. I know that, I feel that.
3. Jesus came to our boat, to our level, to our life experience to bring a meaningful abundant human experience as God had design it to be.
Luke 5:1-10 (ESV) On one occasion, while the crowd was pressing in on him to hear the word of God, he was standing by the lake of Gennesaret, and he saw two boats by the lake, but the fishermen had gone out of them and were washing their nets. Getting into one of the boats, which was Simon’s, he asked him to put out a little from the land. And he sat down and taught the people from the boat. And when he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.” And Simon answered, “Master, we toiled all night and took nothing! But at your word I will let down the nets.” And when they had done this, they enclosed a large number of fish, and their nets were breaking. They signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink. But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord.” For he and all who were with him were astonished at the catch of fish that they had taken, and so also were James and John, sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid; from now on you will be catching men.”
4. Part of our Christian beliefs is to confess the humanity of Christ. Accept that He was the perfect man that built the bridge To the Father and also for the Father. He never left divinity and now confessing that He is God and savior can bring divinity to your heart with the dwelling of the Holy Spirit.
1 John 4:2-3
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.
5. How should we deal with each other humanity? God can look our humanity but we can’t, our eye should be only in Jesus.
Hebrews 12:2 “Hebrews 12:2 (ESV) looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
2 Corinthians 5:16-17 (ESV) From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.